Thursday, March 26, 2015

Now We're Here - Week 5

I actually can't believe it's over. Sometimes the things we do in this class bother me a lot. Like notes, but that bothers me in every class, some projects that get sprung upon us. But I've never had more fun in this class than the past few weeks. I know it's astonishing. The Jacob Kaffey had fun in gifted class. It's like one of those times we should document the date and put it down in history.

I'll just reflect a little. My TED talk was pretty good I think. I always have pretty killer opening and endings and then the in-between gets kind of ehh... but I think I kept this one together. I mean the parts that were supposed to be funny some of the people laughed and it made me feel pretty special. I really like that when you're up there it's hard to see the people so once I started talking I felt like I was talking to myself. I honestly forgot McPerlman was in the room. And yeah I was shaking a little but I pushed through, and I think my speech ran pretty smoothly compared to many of the other ones.. But my visuals were cute and funny. I slipped the picture of me into it, and if you didn't catch it the first time, here's a second chance!!

So I can finally relax for spring break. If it's not warm of break I'm going to be pretty mad. Oh right, if I were to rate myself on my presentation, I'd give it a solid 9 and a half. The half point off because I stumbled a little with the notecards and I wasn't really sure if I was loud enough. It's hard to tell since I'm the one talking so it might sound loud to me but no one else.

I'm really sad to part with cake decorating being my homework. Like now it's only free time and I'm not sure how much motivation I will have for it. I wish I was creative enough to make like my own cake like the real cake boss does. I took mine from recipes and other websites. Obviously I would alter them to make them original like the coloring on the last cake was all original. But I want to be able to make something all by my own with my own ideas. Maybe I should learn to value creativity more. @mydeepermessage

Oh and incase you didn't get title you should check my week 0 blog post!!
My final sign off,
Professional Baker: Jacob Kaffey

Comments:
Jacob Cohen
Margo Kaplan
Alexa Knapp

1 comment:

  1. Your presentation was definitely solid, and your cake-decorating was always really cool. I definitely get what you mean about being sad that we can't have the fun parts of this project be 'homework' anymore. I'm sure that if you really wanted, you could make something completely original; it just might take some more experience. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete